Saturday, November 21, 2009

Cricket Rope

Cricket Fighting is written by Hugh Raffles and was featured in Granta magazine. I thought this essay would have been a lot better if it wasn’t so drawn out like it was. Like the whole sixth section just didn’t seem necessary to me. The beginning of the essay started out really interesting I thought, especially two parts I read. One was about the trainers giving the crickets the drug ecstasy. Apparently it makes them fight better and usually makes them the winning cricket. The second part I found interesting was that crickets had their own weight measurement, which is known as the zhen and is equal to about a fifth of a gram. I think this was an informative essay, they told us so many aspects of cricket fighting, it had to be informative. The magazine Granta is a publishing of the worlds finest writers tackling some the worlds most important subjects. So the target audiences are people who want to read world stories in a different light.

After we read Cricket fighting we watched Alfred Hitchcock’s move Rope. I wasn’t able to be there for the beginning of the movie but I was there for the end half of the movie. It was all about 2 characters killing one of the characters and one of them figuring it out and trying to get them to admit it after a party he attended. I thought the movie was going to be very boring because it was one of those old not kind of weird movies and I didn’t really know what was going on since I missed the beginning. But one of my favorite movies is Some Like It Hot, which is in black and white so I wasn’t that surprised when I didn’t completely hate the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment