Friday, November 20, 2009

The Different Dress


The Lesbians Bride handbook is written by Ariel Levy and was featured in New York Magazine. This essay actually wasn’t that bad, I liked it because it was all about finding a wedding dress. Most girls are interested in that, or girls that I’m friends with at least. The dress she eventually picked out doesn’t sound like a very pretty dress with how she describes it. Maybe it would look prettier when I actually saw a picture of it but the way she describes it, it just doesn’t sound very pretty at all. But then the designer she bought it from makes absolutely gorgeous dresses so it kind of makes me think that it would actually be a pretty dress. But I wont ever know unless I see a picture. I think the essay is meant for entertainment, all she is trying to do is find a dress that won’t overshadow her partner, because it is her big day too. Also a handbook of this type is purely for entertainment, and not for actual use like a handbook for making chili. The target audience is whoever reads New York Magazine, that person would be concerned with the life culture, politics, and style of New York City. I went online to see what New York Magazine was all about and when I looked up the essay there was a picture of the couple on their wedding day. The dress was actually very pretty; it was nothing like I was expecting it to be at all. Another thing I looked at were the comments left on the essay. All but one or two were left by lesbians, in a relationship, and then half of those were talking about marriage with their partner. So ultimately I really liked this essay, it made me start thinking about what I want my wedding dress to look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment